Attorneys & Agents
Phone: 305-374-8303 (Miami) 407-841-2330 (Orlando)
Registered Patent Attorney
David Roncayolo is a bilingual patent attorney who specializes in the drafting, prosecution, and issuance of complex patent applications before the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO). Born and raised in Venezuela, Mr. Roncayolo is one of less than ten Registered Patent Attorneys in South Florida whose first language is Spanish. Fully conversant and proficient in both languages, David advises a variety of both Florida and Latin American based technology companies, single inventors as well as entrepreneurs regarding procurement, licensing and enforcing of a wide-spectrum of patent, trademark and copyright matters.
Since graduation at the top of this law school class, David has represented a wide range of clients having prosecuted numerous patents in various technologies including mechanical, electrical, chemical, medical devices, software and construction products. In addition to his core experience in complex patent matters, David also has prepared and prosecuted various trademark applications. Outside his transactional practice, David has handled various copyright, trademark, and patent disputes, including preparation of cease and desist letters and responses to demand letters. David’s also has litigation experience, including in Federal Court and at the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board, having prepared several complaints and answers in trademark, trade dress, and design patent cases.
David earned his Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering from the University of Arizona, where he graduated cum laude with honors. While at the University of Arizona, David was a research assistant at the Civil Engineering and Engineering Mechanics Department. As a research assistant, David assisted faculty members in the field of hydrology helping to develop drought monitoring statistical models.
After completing his undergraduate degree, David earned his Masters of Science in Civil and Environmental Engineering from Stanford University. Thereafter, David worked as an engineer for one of the Nation’s largest building contractors for several years, gaining valuable technical experience in various projects in the State of Florida. While working as an engineer, David completed his law degree at Florida International University, where he graduated cum laude and earned six book awards.
Practice Areas +
- 2016: United States Patent and Trademark Office
- 2016: Florida Bar
- 2018: United States District Court, Southern District of Florida
- 2015: Florida International University College of Law, J.D., cum laude
- 2006: Sanford University, Masters of Science in Civil and Environmental Engineering
- 2005: University of Arizona, Bachelors of Science in Civil Engineering, cum laude, with honors
- Florida Bar, Business Law Section and the Entertainment and Sports Law Section
- Venezuelan-American Chamber of Commerce of the United States
- Spain-US Chamber of Commerce
- Dade County Bar Association
- Intellectual Property Law Association of Florida (IPLAF)
- Asociación Interamericana de la Propiedad Intelectual (ASIPI)
- American Bar Association (ABA)