Attorneys & Agents
Phone: 407-841-2330, Ext. 148
Ava K. Doppelt
Ava Doppelt is Board Certified by the Florida Bar in Intellectual Property Law. She manages trademark and copyright portfolios, and has substantial litigation experience in federal and state courts and administrative agencies, advising clients on trademark, publishing, entertainment, and licensing, franchising, and copyright matters. Ms. Doppelt speaks frequently on intellectual property, publishing and entertainment law. She has served as an expert witness. Ms. Doppelt was formerly an attorney for Prentice-Hall, Inc. and The Reader’s Digest Association, Inc. She was the President of the Orlando Ballet and serves on the Boards of the Florida Lawyers Mutual Insurance Company and The Association to Preserve the Eatonville Community (Zora Neal Hurston Festival). Ms. Doppelt was also the Treasurer and member of the Executive Council of the Orange County Bar Association, and the recipient of its William Trickel, Jr. Professionalism Award in 2002. She is a member of the Florida Association for Women Lawyers (President 1990 – 1991) and was the Recipient of its Golden Star Award in 2001. Ms. Doppelt also served as a Commissioner of the Ninth Circuit Judicial Nominating Commission (1992 – 1996, Chair 1996) and the Ninth Circuit Grievance Committee.
Ms. Doppelt has been an adjunct professor at Barry University Law School. She is a co-author of the chapter on Trademarks, Service Marks and Other Related Intellectual Property Rights in Florida Franchise Law and Practice.
Ms. Doppelt serves as a mentor in mentorship programs for Central Florida Association for Women Lawyers, Inns of Court and the Orange County Bar Association.
Ms. Doppelt has also qualified as an Arbitrator for the American Arbitration Association and is available to act as a private arbitrator by agreement of the parties.
Practice Areas +
- 1984: Florida
- 1977: New York
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Courts of Appeal: Eleventh and Federal Circuits
- United States Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
- United States District Courts: Middle, Southern and Northern Districts of Florida; Southern, Eastern and Northern Districts of New York
- 1976: New York University Law School, J.D.
- 1972: Northwestern University, A.B., Phi Beta Kappa.
- American Bar Association: Intellectual Property Section (Trademark and Copyright Litigation Committees), Entertainment Law Section, Franchise Law Forum
- Copyright Society of the United States
- Federal Bar Association
- Florida and Central Florida Association for Women Lawyers (Past President)
- Florida Executive Women
- Grievance Committee for the United States District Court Middle District of Florida, Orlando Division
- International Trademark Association
- Mentor for Central Florida Association for Women Lawyers, Inns of Court and the Orange County Bar Association, Orlando Business Journal “Mentoring Monday”
- National Association of Women Lawyers
- New York State Bar Association: Intellectual Property, Entertainment, Arts and Sports Law Sections
- Orange County Bar Association: Business Law and Judicial Relations Committees
- The Florida Bar: Business Law Section (Intellectual Property Committee (former Chair), Antitrust, Franchise and Unfair Competition, Business Litigation Committee); Judicial Nominating Procedures Committee (former Chair), Equal Opportunity Law Section, and IP Certification Committee (former Vice Chair)
- The Florida 500: Selected as one of Florida’s most Influential Business Leaders
- Women’s Executive Council, Achievement Award 2018
- Best Lawyers in America, Copyright Law, Litigation-Intellectual Property, Trademark Law
- Summit Award, 2015
- Florida Super Lawyers, Top 50 Women Attorneys 2010 –2018
- Florida Super Lawyers, Top 100 Lawyers: 2010 –2015
- Florida Trend Legal Elite: 2004 – 2018
- Florida Trend Legal Elite Hall of Fame 2011 – 2018
- Managing Intellectual Property: IP Star, 2014 – 2018
- AV Preeminent® Top Rated Lawyer, by Martindale-Hubbell™
- Who’s Who Legal: 2013 – 2018
- 2012 Rosemary Barkett Outstanding Achievement Award
- Orlando Magazine Best Lawyers: 2009 – 2018
- Best Lawyers in America, since 2006
- Best Lawyers in America, Copyright Law, since 2011
- Best Lawyers in America, Litigation – Intellectual Property, since 2011
- Best Lawyers in America, Trademark Law, since 2011
- Who’s Who of American Women, 2010 – 2011
- Top 250 Women in Intellectual Property