Attorneys & Agents
Jaafar Choufani practices in the area of trademarks, copyrights and licensing and handles various intellectual property transactional matters. He also specializes in business law matters pertaining to corporate formation, acquisition, and governance. Previously, Mr. Choufani worked at a large Florida law firm where he represented entrepreneurs as well as public and private businesses in the areas of corporate, international business, and intellectual property law. In addition to his law practice, Mr. Choufani provides career management services to professional athletes and entertainers and has assisted his clients in the negotiation of multi-million dollar endorsement contracts as well as player contracts with major professional sports leagues worldwide.
Mr. Choufani attended Suffolk University Law School in Boston, Massachusetts where he received his Juris Doctorate and served as the President of the Student Bar Association. Prior to law school, Mr. Choufani received a Bachelor of Business Administration, with honors, in International Finance and Marketing from the University of Miami in Coral Gables, Florida. He has also studied intellectual property and corporate law at Lunds Universitet in Lund, Sweden and clerked for a major European law firm in Stockholm, Sweden. Mr. Choufani is fluent in French.
Practice Areas +
- United States District Court: Northern, Middle, and Southern Districts of Florida
- 2007: Suffolk University Law School, J.D.
- 2003: University of Miami, B.B.A., International Finance and Marketing, with honors
- Orange County Bar Association
- Player Agent, National Basketball Players Association
- Player Agent, International Basketball Federation (FIBA)