Attorneys & Agents
Jack G. Abid
Shareholder, Registered Patent Attorney
Jack Abid practices in the area of patent prosecution. His patent prosecution experience includes electrical and electronic equipment, telecommunications equipment and cables, laser and optical devices, semiconductor devices, semiconductor processing, mechanical devices, medical devices, and software.
While attending the University of Florida Levin College of Law, Mr. Abid served as Editor-in-Chief, Research Editor, and Web Editor of the Florida Journal of International Law. He was also a member of the Journal of Technology Law and Policy and was elected as a class representative of the John Marshall Bar Association for two years. During his service as a class representative, Mr. Abid received the President’s Award for outstanding service.
Practice Areas +
- 2009: District of Columbia
- 2008: United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- 2008: United States Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- 2008: United States District Court, Middle District of Florida
- 2006: Florida
- 2006: United States Patent and Trademark Office
- 2006: University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D., magna cum Laude.
- 2003: Georgia Institute of Technology, B.S. Electrical Engineering.
- 2003: Jacksonville University, B.S., Physics, magna cum laude.
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers
- Federalist Society
Software Patents on Both Sides of the Atlantic,
John Marshall Journal of Computer and Information Law
Volume 23, Issue 4 2006
Florida Super Lawyers: Rising Stars 2013 – 2018
- Florida Super Lawyers: 2015