Attorneys & Agents
Phone: 305-374-8303 (Miami)
Ms. Dangond represents ADD+G Clients in the Miami / South Florida office.
Melissa Dangond is a Colombian-American, Miami native, who is fluent in both English and Spanish. She graduated cum laude from the University of Florida Levin College of Law with a Certificate in Intellectual Property and a Certificate in Environmental, Land Use, and Real Estate Law. At UF Law, Ms. Dangond was a member of the Journal of Technology Law and Policy, mentored students through the Latino Law School Association, helped plan and execute UF Law’s 25th Annual Public Interest Environmental Conference, and studied abroad in Costa Rica. While pursuing her legal education, Ms. Dangond worked at ADD+G as a Summer Associate. Melissa also worked at UF Innovate as a Material Transfer Agreement Fellow where she drafted, edited, and negotiated material transfer contracts.
Before entering law school, Ms. Dangond graduated from Boston College in 2017 with a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology and a minor in Environmental Studies. During her junior year, Melissa studied abroad at Universidad Complutense in Madrid, Spain. During her undergraduate studies, Melissa also interned at the Boston College Police Department and taught classes with Boston College SPLASH, a student-led organization that offers a wide variety of courses to middle and high school students. The classes she taught focused mostly on environmental disruptors of development and biofuels.
As part of her coursework for the Biology major, Melissa was part of a semester-long research project where she studied the evolutionary conservation of genes in methionine synthesis in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. As part of her senior coursework for the Environmental Studies minor, Ms. Dangond conducted an inventory and assessment of the pollinator habitat at Boston College. Her work was subsequently published in the Boston College Institutional Repository. She also took several classes at Boston College Law where she wrote and presented on FDA regulation of cosmetics and natural resource remedies.
Before leaving Miami for her undergraduate studies, Melissa attended and graduated from Palmer Trinity School. There, she was a peer counselor, an English tutor, a student ambassador, and class treasurer. She was also a part of the guitar ensemble and traveled to China with the band to perform three concerts.
Practice Areas +
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Trademark and Copyright Acquisition and Counseling
- Intellectual Property Transactions
- Business Litigation
- 2020: Florida Bar
- 2020: United States District Court, Southern District of Florida
- 2020: United States District Court, Middle District of Florida
- 2020: University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D., cum laude, Certificate Degree in Intellectual Property, Certificate Degree in Environmental, Land Use, and Real Estate Law
- 2017: Boston College, cum laude, B.S. in Biology (Minor: Environmental Studies)
- 2013: Palmer Trinity School
- Florida Bar, Business Law Section and the Entertainment and Sports Law Section
- Colombian American Chamber of Commerce
- Spain-US Chamber of Commerce
- Dade County Bar Association
- Intellectual Property Law Association of Florida