Attorneys & Agents
David S. Carus
Shareholder, Registered Patent Attorney
David Carus is a Registered Patent Attorney who practices in the areas of patent prosecution. His experience includes electrical and electronic equipment including, for example, mobile wireless communications devices, antennas, finger biometric sensing devices, display technologies, and haptics, cables, laser and optical devices, test equipment, radar devices, semiconductor devices, mechanical devices, and Internet related inventions, for example, e-commerce, digital couponing, and Internet of Things (IOT) systems.
Mr. Carus’ professional experience includes Test and Evaluation for defense contractor Northrop Grumman. As part of the flight test crew at Northrop Grumman Mr. Carus designed and tested aerial ground surveillance and battle management systems on the Joint Stars E8-C Aircraft platform.
Mr. Carus also has experience as technical consultant in the areas of hardware/software integration, web operations, and data recording systems.
Practice Areas +
- 2008: District of Columbia
- 2007: Federal Circuit Court of Appeal
- 2007: Florida
- 2007: United States District Court – Middle District of Florida
- 2006: United States Patent and Trademark Office
- 2006: Barry University School of Law, J.D., Cum Laude
- 2003: Webster University, MBA
- 2001: Florida Institute of Technology, B.S., Computer Engineering, with high honors
- ACM (Association of Computing Machinery)
- AIPLA (American Intellectual Property Law Association)
- IEEE (Institute of Electrical & Electronics Engineers)
- Florida Super Lawyers: 2015
- IP Stars – 2015
- Florida Rising Star 2013-2018