Attorneys & Agents
Herbert L. Allen
Shareholder, Registered Patent Attorney
Herbert Allen is a Florida Board Certified Intellectual Property Law Attorney. He has substantial experience in litigating patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret and computer software related claims in state and federal courts.
Herb also possesses patent prosecution and licensing experience in a variety of technical areas, including: computer systems and software, detection and communications systems, laser physics, medical devices and treatment systems, solid state devices and circuits, material handling and treatment systems, metal and composite containers. He has drafted numerous licensing agreements and other transactional documents.
Herb’s previous experience includes serving as patent counsel to the RCA Corp. at the Sarnoff Research Laboratory from 1969-1972. He has also served as Chairman of the Ninth Judicial Circuit Grievance Committee (1983; 1975 – 1980), and as Chairman of the Unauthorized Practice of Law Committee for the Ninth Judicial Circuit (1978 – 1980).
Practice Areas +
- 1969: Florida
- 1970: United States Patent and Trademark Office
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Courts of Appeals: Fourth, Eleventh and Federal Circuits
- United States District Courts: Middle, Southern and Northern Districts of Florida
- 1972: New York University Trade Regulation, L.L.M.
- 1968: University of Florida, J.D.
- 1962: University of Florida, B.E.E.
- American Board of Trial Advocacy
- Fellow, Florida Bar Foundation
- Jacksonville Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
- Orange County Legal Aid Society: Guardian ad litem for dependent children
- The Florida Bar: Business Law Section, Intellectual Property Committee
- IP Star in the 2019/20 edition of IPSTARS
- Florida Super Lawyer 2006-2018, Top 50 Orlando
- Best Lawyers in America, Lawyer of the Year, 2018 – Litigation – Intellectual Property
- Florida Super Lawyers, Top 100 Lawyers: since 2010
- Best Lawyers in America, Copyright Law, since 2011
- Best Lawyers in America, Litigation – Intellectual Property, since 2011
- Best Lawyers in America, Litigation – Patent, since 2011
- Best Lawyers in America, Trademark Law, since 2011
- Best Lawyers in America: since 2006
- Florida Trend Legal Elite
- AV Preeminent® Top Rated Lawyer, by Martindale-Hubbell™
- Managing Intellectual Property magazine: IP Star
- Orlando Magazine’s Best Lawyers