Matthew McKinney practices in all areas of intellectual property, representing a wide range of clients in connection with the acquisition, transfer, enforcement and defense of their intellectual property rights. He has used his engineering and physics background in prosecuting an assortment of mechanical, communications, computer hardware, software, and electronics patent applications. His legal experience also includes litigating patent, trademark and copyright actions.
Matthew G. McKinney
Shareholder, Registered Patent Attorney
- 2015: U.S. Court of International Trade
- 2012: U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- 2010: U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- 2001: U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- 2001: U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- 2000: United States Patent and Trademark Office
- 2000: Florida Bar
- 2000: Mercer University School of Law, J.D.
- 1998: University of South Florida, M.S., Engineering
- 1993: University of South Florida, B.S., Engineering