Attorneys & Agents
Jeffrey S. Boyles
Jeffrey Boyles maintains a sophisticated transactional and litigation practice serving technology, entertainment and sports focused businesses from start-ups to established national brands. Jeffrey has substantial experience in federal and state courts throughout the United States litigating claims involving patents, copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, unfair competition, Internet issues, contracts and business disputes. He also counsels businesses on a broad range of corporate transactions and commercial activities including: intellectual property due diligence, acquisitions, sale and licensing agreements, manufacturing and distribution agreements, marketing agreements, social media practices and related agreements, music licensing, employee and contractor agreements, software and technology development agreements, privacy policies, operating and shareholder agreements, sponsorship and endorsement agreements, and legal opinions regarding freedom to operate, regulatory compliance, privacy and personal data protection, contract compliance, and liability.
Jeff currently teaches Intellectual Property Litigation at the University of Florida, Levin School of Law. He has previously served as the Chair of the Intellectual Property Committee of the Orange County Bar Association. He was also a member of the Eleventh Circuit Pattern Jury Instructions Committee that drafted instructions for use in copyright cases.
Jeff attended law school at the University of Florida, Levin College of Law, where he graduated magna cum laude and earned a certificate degree in intellectual property. Based upon his score on the Florida Bar Exam, Jeff was selected by the Florida Fifth District Court of Appeal to speak at the 2004 Florida Bar Induction Ceremony.
Practice Areas +
- 2004: Florida
- United States District Court: Northern, Middle, and Southern Districts of Florida
- United States Court of Appeals: Eleventh Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
- 2003: University of Florida, Levin College of Law, J.D., Magna Cum Laude
Intellectual Property Certificate, Book Award in Contracts
- 1998: University of South Florida, B.A., Magna Cum Laude
- The Florida Bar
- International Association of Privacy Professionals
- Florida Super Lawyers: 2017
- Florida Super Lawyers, Rising Stars: 2009-2015
- Florida Trend Legal Elite, Up and Comers: 2014
- Selected by Florida’s Fifth District Court of Appeal to speak at the 2004 Florida Bar Induction Ceremony based on Bar Exam score